The do's and the dont's
*This includes permanent and demi-permanent root touch-ups, highlights, lowlights, balayage, toners and
vibrant fantasy colors.
1. Wait to wash your hair: We recommend waiting to wash your hair at least two to three days after receiving a color service. This allows time for the cuticle of your hair to close and the color to set.
2. Stick to gentle cleansers: We recommend purchasing a color safe shampoo to cleanse without worry.
3. Mix up your shampoo: Color depositing shampoos are recommended to help reverse yellow or brassy tones. These should be used at least once a week if not more.
4. Stretch out your wash cycle: Try washing your hair 2-3 times per week to increase color longevity. If you wash your hair every day, you are not only washing away a little bit of your color each time, but you are also washing away natural oils that are needed to moisturize your hair and scalp which keep it looking fresh and healthy.
5. Avoid chlorine: Chlorine has a tendency to remove color and shine from the hair. In summer months, protect your hair when outside by wearing a hat and/or using sun-protecting products.
6. Avoid hot water: At first, use cool or lukewarm temperature water to help lock in your fresh color.
7. Thermal protection: A heat protectant will reduce moisture loss from inside the hair and smooth the outside protecting it from humidity, which will also help maintain your color.
1. Full Keratin Treatment: Do not shampoo hair within first 72 hours. This time frame allows the Keratin to solidify in the hair. Avoid excessive exercise, chlorine and sun. Avoid pulling your hair up in a ponytail, clipping your hair or tucking behind the ears for the first 72 hours. Keratin shampoo and conditioner recommended for aftercare as well as Keratin Infusion Replenisher.
2. Keratin Express: Do not shampoo hair within first 8 hours. This time frame allows the Keratin to solidify in the hair. Avoid excessive exercise, chlorine and sun. Avoid pulling your hair up in a ponytail, clipping your hair or tucking behind the ears for the first 8 hours. Keratin shampoo and conditioner recommended for aftercare as well as Keratin Infusion Replenisher.
Brazilian Blowout Treatments
1. Brazilian Blowout Smoothing Treatment Full and Express: Although there is no wait time to shampoo and condition your hair, we recommend waiting to wash and condition for at least one day. The use of Brazilian Blowout shampoo and conditioner is highly recommended, and the use of the Ionic Bonding Spray is essential for the longevity of your treatment.